Thursday, July 5, 2018

Thursday in 3D 27-2018

A Summer creation that isn't exactly a card, but will be used for that purpose.



My husband wears dock shoes all of the time, so this project is perfect for his July birthday.  The cut is part of a collection from SVGcuts.com called Summer Holiday.  The paper I used for the brown part of the shoe is some I purchased from a paper outlet in Ohio which has a textured surface that looks like leather.  Unfortunately this was white, so I had to use Distress Oxide Inks in Walnut Stain to get the color I wanted.  It took a long time to sponge it on the two sheets of 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper which is why there is only one shoe, not two.  The patterned paper is from Authentique called Explore. I used my Explore to write the sentiment on top at the same time as it cut it out.  I used twine by Berwick.  Next time, I will probably put eyelets in the holes before I use the twine. I will also fill it with Dove Chocolates to give to him. - Denise

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is the coolest 3D card ever! Back in the 90's we called these shoes "Boat Shoes". (A true blast from the past). I am certain that your husband will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He actually calls them boat shoes too. He would have worn them with his tux at our wedding years ago if I would have let him.

    ReplyDelete