Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Technique Tuesday 29-2018

Ooo, wee!  Today is fun with stencils!  I bought some new digital stamps recently with the steam punk feel and one is a mermaid.  Perfect for summer and summer colors!

Here is my card:





I started with a simple stencil (it's out of the package and I can't remember the source!)  I used Tim Holtz oxide inks blending green and blue to try to make some sea weed.  The stamp was printed from my computer; she is a Sherri Baldy image from her Etsy shop (I love all her Besties!)  I colored her with Prismacolor pencils and added highlights with metallic pens.  I made a "treasure box" from a 1 inch square chipboard covered with gray card stock and I glued several charms and gems and even threw in a little gold chain.  The sentiments and words from Tim Holtz.  The panel is placed on a light green card stock base.  It was time consuming but I get lost when coloring! ~ Gracie

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute and I love the idea of a treasure box. It could be perfect for some costume jewelry I recently "inherited".

    ReplyDelete