Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sweet and Simple Sunday 28-2018

Hi! It's Sue here with a full week of cards for you.

The theme for July is summer/beach birthday and the color scheme is red, white and blue. For Sweet and Simple Sunday, the challenge is to create a clean and simple card using this month’s theme and color scheme. 

Here's my card


I started by making “denim” looking paper. I used Stampin’ Up’s Ballet Blue stamp pad and used it direct to paper in both directions (top to bottom and side to side) to create the “denim” look.  I then stamped the pocket using Stampin’ Up’s Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set, along with stitching and fussy cut the pocket out. I also stamped the sunglasses, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, added color with a Copic marker R35 coral and fussy cut it. I stamped the HBD on red cardstock to mimic a Levi pocket tag. I adhered the pocket with tag to the background and adhered the sunglasses to the pocket. Here's a close-up.


That's it for today. Please drop by tomorrow and I'll have a new card for you to see.
sue

2 comments:

  1. I love this card. Making the "denim" paper along with the pocket and glasses are great ideas.

    ReplyDelete