Saturday, July 28, 2018

Card A Day Challenge Week Four of July 2018 - Scene-It Saturday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the last day of the Card A Day Challenge for July! Today's theme is Scene-It Saturday, where we create a scene card. Here is my card below:


I just love the kitty couple snuggling up in the sunset watching the fireworks, don't you? The cats are from the Better With You stamp set from Gina K Designs, and the fireworks are called Pyrotechnics from The Ton Stamps. I used  an oval stencil from Brutus Monroe and taped it to my card. Then I started to blend distress inks in Antique Linen, Victoria Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot (this color combination came from Jennifer McGuire, and I keep this combo on hand for sunset pics!).  Once that was done I removed the stencil and stamped the kitty couple in black Archival ink. The fireworks were embossed in gold, silver, and black glitter.  The sentiment was stamped in black Archival ink as well. Finally, I cut the card down and placed it over a black card base.

Thanks for stopping by,

Colleen

1 comment: