Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Card A Day Challenge Week Four of July 2018 - Technique Tuesday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to another segment of Card A Day Challenge!  Today is Technique Tuesday, where we apply the technique of the month to the theme. This month's theme is summer/beach birthday, the color scheme is red, white, and blue, and the technique is stenciling, where we use stencils on some part of our card.  This was perhaps my favorite Challenge day because I love to use stencils! Today I am showing you two cards, because this technique is a two-for-one deal. Here are my cards:


I chose a star stencil and color scheme for July because of the patriotic month of July!  For the card on the left, I used distress oxide inks in Fired Brick and Chipped Sapphire, and blended through the stencil, overlapping the colors to create a 3rd color.  Then I removed the stencil and lightly misted water over the inks to get the colors moving a little.  Then I took that same stencil that still had some ink on it and placed it over a clean piece of cardstock and, this time, applied a light molding paste over the stencil, bringing the colors with it. The final result is the card on the right. You can see by the card on the right that the colors are more subdued than the card on the left, but this two-for-one technique gives you two great looking cards that look unique! Finally, I added a sentiment that says "I'm proud to call you Home".

Sandy Allnock has a tutorial called 7 ways to use your stencils (or something like that), and that's where I got this idea from. You can whip out several cards quickly using this technique!

Thanks for stopping by,

Colleen

2 comments:

  1. I had not seen that technique before, but I really like it and your cards. Anytime you can make two cards and not waste something (like the ink), that is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is, check out Sandy Allnock for stenciling ideas

    ReplyDelete