Saturday, July 21, 2018

Scene It Saturday 29-2018

I worked as an RN for 32 years before becoming disabled.  In those 32 years I worked in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Surgery, as a Supervisor, a Director of Nursing, Nursing Instructor and a Precert Nurse.  But the most FUN job was working nights while my kids were little in our local hospital in the Emergency Room (yes, Room - not Department).  Our hospital was built in the early 60's.  The ER was located at the back of the hospital and at night to get in you had to ring a door bell.  I saw many, many things come through that door and sometimes had to go out in the parking lot to take care of things (I delivered a baby in the back seat of a car).  The walls were painted white and we had red and yellow tile as a border at chair rail height.  The door was one of those big heavy wooden ones and it had a large round hole so you could see what was going on.  This was back in the day before HIPPA and the last thing we worried about was patient privacy!  We slapped you in a gown and threw you on the gurney!  The Doctor was "on call" which meant he may or may not be in the hospital but I had a pager to reach him.  It was so far back in the day when I graduated from nursing school in Mississippi we still wore white uniforms with white caps - mine had a black stripe because I was an RN; the LPN's had green stripes.  This card reminds me so much of those days I smiled and laughed while I was making it.  So it's my "ER" scene!

Here is my card:






The stamp set is from Art Impressions which I just love.  I made the fron to look like our old ER.  The band aids are die cuts.  I added the red flat back pearls as door hinges and a handle and large round flat blue rhinestones as the wheels on the exam table.  I colored the images with Spectrum Noir Markers.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! ~ Gracie

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gracie, I love this card. I have the same set and am going to totally C.A.S.E. it.

    ReplyDelete