Friday, September 30, 2016

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #33-2016

Here is the card Sue was to C.A.S.E. - Copy And Share Everything


Sue remained true to the design while make some creative changes 
I’m being honest here. I haven’t yet attempted a shaker card. Didn’t think I wanted to make this my first attempt. Instead, I made a slight turn and went for shine instead of sequins and hearts instead of stars, because that’s what I have. I die cut a piece of a double-sided adhesive sheet with a heart shape. I removed one layer of the protective liner, revealing the adhesive. I sprinkled on some Egyptian Gold Gilding Flakes by Cosmic Shimmer and burnished in the flakes with a bone folder. In retrospect, it probably would have been easier to have started with a square piece of the adhesive sheet, add the gilding flakes and then die cut, as a few edges seems to have missed gilding flakes. It’s an experiment I will try later. I found the perfect embossing folder to complement my card – docrafts’ Xcut Small Polka Hearts. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Lots of Thanks. I completed the card with a small strip of gold shimmer paper and a small die cut heart. The sentiment panel was popped up with dimensionals. - Sue
A closer look at the gilded heart

When you C.A.S.E. a card you make it your own just like Sue did by using a great gilded heart instead of a shaker type, so make your own version today.
Denise


1 comment: