Monday, May 29, 2017

Youth Monday #22-2017

We continue using our paper packs with a youth card for today.

Sue has a fun card for us today.

I realize that my selection of paper didn’t really scream youth/baby. However, the orange tone-on-tone paper reminded me of the wrapper of Crayola crayons. I pulled out my Lawn Fawn Color My World stamp set and stamped the crayon three times. I coloured them in with Copics R46, G05, Y38 and BG05. The sentiment stamped in black is from Paper Smooches’ Sentiment Sampler. I matted the card with black, to mimic the black outlines on the crayon wrapper. I struggled a bit with placement of the fussy-cut crayons. I settled on a “random” placement. I felt inspired to add a bit of “crayon colouring” at the base of each crayon. -Sue

My card for a child or those young at heart.

Since my husband and son are pilots, I am drawn to papers with planes on them. I chose an image from the Cricut Cartridge called A Child's Year.  I love this cartridge because of all the great silhouettes it has.  I cut it from dark blue card stock and used two papers from my pack for this week.  The paper kit is called Getaway by Echo Park.  I sent ahead and cut a banner from the same paper as the background but turned it a different way.  The sentiment is from a set called First Class by Close To My Heart and was stamped in dark blue. - Denise

Here is my pack for this week

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Shine and Sparkle Sunday #22-2017

This is the last week of using the same paper pack for the week and we are shining and sparkling this Sunday.

Sue works up a shiny birthday card.

Close up

I like working with 6x6 paper packs. In fact, I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to 6x6 paper packs! A lot of work is done for you as the papers all coordinate. So for this card, I chose the striped paper with a ‘sort of’ solid paper to create the base of the card. I felt it needed something more, so I added a narrow strip of grey. To add the shine, I die cut using Simon Says STAMP’s Painted Happy Birthday die using a piece of shiny teal cardstock. To complete the card, I added a few sequins for a bit of sparkle. Easy-peasy! - Sue

This is the paper pack that Sue will be using all week.
MME’s 6x6 Reunion Paper Pack

I made my sentiment shiny too.

I recently acquired a Minc foil applicator machine because it was a great price on one of the online stores I use.  This was the first chance I had to play with it.  I also purchased a font bundle online so that I had some pretty fonts to use.  I first used white card stock but then realized that it would really show up better on a darker paper.  I made the sentiment on my computer and then printed it on my laser printer using a dark patterned paper from my paper pack for this week.  I then sent it through the Minc machine using silver reactive foil.  You have to print using toner, which means either a laser printer or a copier.  I then used some silver paper that I have to mat behind it using oval nesting dies to cut out both.  I cut from the middle of the silver paper ans used the rest to mat behind the patterned paper.  I decided the top of the oval was too empty, so I added three silver brads.  I really like the look of the silver sentiment and it was easy to do, so I will be using it again soon. - Denise

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Shapely Saturday 21-2017

What shapes can you do for your cards?

Gracie certainly has a striking card that is far from a run-of-the-mill rectangle.

Time to go through my Silhouette files again!  I found this cute little pitcher card.  It opens from the top.  I inked the edges of the flowers and attached them with glue dots.  I added blue twine around the pitcher before attaching it to the card base.  I used the paper pad for the strip on the card. ~ Gracie

I used a variation of a box card.

                                     Side view                                       back of card

Card folded for mailing.

One of the things that happened when the new Explore and Design Space came out was the ability to use svg files in addition to the cartridges.  Since I have a pretty large collection of cartridges, I never really looked into using svg files from other sources until I looked at some from  They have some beautiful 3-d projects and when they had a special before Mother's Day, I went ahead and purchased 2 collections and the 3rd collection called Garden Party was free.  This bird house is part of that collection and really takes box cards up a notch.  I used a yellow card stock as the base and several papers from the Graphic 45 Nature's Sketch Book for all the other cuts including the flowers.  I sponged distress ink around all the cuts and added enamel dots for the flower centers instead of the paper centers.  I also fussy cut some butterflies from the paper to add a few extra places.  I was also able to add writing on Design Space to write on the front and back of the card to personalize it.  I love this and can't wait to make others from this collection. - Denise