Thursday, September 22, 2016

Technique Thursday #32-2016

Today's technique was also a month-long challenge for the designers called double embossing.  This means you use both dry and heat embossing together in one card.  A video describing one way to do this can be found here. http://stampartpapel.com/double-embossing-y-versamagic/

I went with a more gender neutral take -



This was the first time I tried double embossing and I really wanted to dry emboss something and then cover the high areas of the embossing with embossing powder to really highlight them.  After several unsuccessful tries, I gave up and went with this technique which I ended up loving.  I used a script stamp from Stampabilites to stamp a background in Versamark on brown paper and then covered with black ultrafine embossing powder  and heat embossed it.  I then ran that through my Cuttlebug using an woodgrain embossing folder by Darice.  I added a couple of feathers that I collect on my morning walks along with a favorite saying. – Denise

1 comment:

  1. I'm always drawn to cards with feathers and here you have the real thing. How cool is that? The scrip stamp look wonderful behind them and the dry embossing with the woodgrain is subtle and perfect! That Robert Frost poem is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete