Friday, September 2, 2016

C.A.S.E A Card Friday #29-2016

C.A.S.E. stands for Copy And Share Everything.  
The card we are CASEing today-

Colleen took the card in this direction - 
 I chose to do a stenciling technique that I learned on a tutorial at the Stampnation's website. Starting with a 4.0 x 5.0 watercolor cardstock, I placed a leaf stencil over it and peppered small amounts of Brusho watercolor powder in various fall colors over the stencil.  Then I carefully sprayed it with water (from about a 1/2 foot to a foot above the stencil) to activate and spread the colors.  Be careful not to spray too much because the colors will bleed beneath the stencil and you'll lose your image. When I removed the stencil, I had these loose, flowing colors that look so much like fall!   I stamped the "Cherish" sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps with Archival black ink using my Minc (I had to stamp it a few times to get that solid dark, black color and the Minc is great for that).  I attached the finished product to a dark brown A2 sized cardbase using Fun Foam to give it some dimension.  This is a card that doesn't need much because those beautiful colors are the focal point.  
..
Gracie's C.A.S.E. is here - 
.
I had fun making this card.  It is a hodge podge.  The "leaves" are from a Dina Wales stencil - Swirls. The swirls were inked with olive green perfect plum, and barn red. I free handed some veins in the leaves with a black marker.  I played with some bronze craft wire make the swirl border.  The Friends sentiment is a large Brad from Cloud  9 "Brittany Castle" set.  I added some bronze enamel dots to hide my smudges!  The panel is mounted on a light brown card base. ~ Gracie  

I made this fall card - 

I decided to do this card to be able to play with my alcohol inks again.  I used a combination of an orange, yellow and light green along with gold mixative on a felt applicator.  I added a little plain alcohol and just started pouncing on coated cardstock until I liked to look.  I then took a new felt pad and put the same colors, but in order down the pad instead of random.  I then used a circular motion to put those on a new piece of coated cardstock. I distressed the outside with Distress Ink in Walnut.  I cut the leaf on my Explore in the middle of the first piece and used the remainder as the mat for the circular piece. ( I love when I remember to do that). I put some twine around the circle a couple of times and then attached the leaf with foam dots.  The sentiment came from a CTMH set. - Denise

As you can see, even though we started with one inspiration, the result was three totally different cards.  I hope we inspired you to do your own thing too.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, these cards are just gorgeous! You ladies are really bringing it here on CADC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Colleen - I LOVE it!!! Denise, yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete