Saturday, September 3, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #29-2016

How is this for inspiration?
.
Look at what a beautiful card Colleen designed -
 I was inspired by the beauty of the blue fall sky against the fluffy white clouds. So I chose to do a card in that same shade of blue with white.  Jennifer McGuire teaches a cool technique called "Five Ways to use Background Dies".  Choosing one of those techniques, I die cut one of my background dies onto blue paper, leaving the positive and negative parts in the die cut.  Carefully, I flipped the die over so the paper side was flipped up (die side down).  I placed foam tape pieces onto the positive parts of the image, being careful to keep it in place on the die cut.  Then, I carefully placed another blue piece of cardstock in 4.25 x 5.50 over the positive taped image, rubbing my hands over it to transfer it onto the 4.25 x 5.5 cardstock. (Save the negative part of the image, it can be used for one of the other Five Ways to use Background Dies.)  Now I have this very cool, perfectly positioned die cut that just POPS off the page! I added Spectrum Sparkle glitter over the die pieces to give it some shimmer and shine.  I stamped a sentiment on a small piece of white cardstock and placed it over the die pieces, being careful not to cover up too much of the focal point.  Finally, I added a butterfly in the same colors as the rocks and grass from that photo for a pop of color. 

Gracie also designed a great card - 

- My card seems a far stretch from the photo but I played off the colors.  I don't know the maker of the stamp.  It was stamped with Memento Luxe - Tuxedo  Black ink then embossed  with clear  embossing  powder.  I used colored pencils to color the image then sponged Tim Holtz Distress Inks (mustard seed & peacock feathers.  The image is mounted twice on black cs.  The sentiment was printed on the computer.  I mounted the panel on a gold cs card base.  I added some bronze enamel dots. ~ Gracie  

The photo inspiration days are some of my favorites because I am always amazed how differently the designers think, but how beautiful their cards come out.  See how inspired you can be - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment