Thursday, September 8, 2016

Technique Thursday #30-2016

Our technique for today is called double embossing and an example of how to do this can be found here - http://stampartpapel.com/double-embossing-y-versamagic/

Robbie used the technique this way-

There are several ways to do double embossing.  I chose to use 2 different embossing folders.  I began by embossing the Floral Affection folder in the middle of the Whisper White panel.  I then had to create a plate to emboss around the flower sprays.  I took a piece of chipboard and using my oval framelits cut out the center of a 6” x 6” square.  I then layered my Big Shot using the Platform, a cutting pad, Petal Burst embossing folder with Whisper White card stock inside, and the homemade plate with the cut out around the flower spray.  I then ran it through my Big Shot and it embossed only the outside of the embossing folder since the center was blank.   To color the flower spray I used Crushed Curry, Elegant Eggplant, and Garden Green markers.  I stamped my sentiment from Watercolor Wings using Elegant Eggplant I the center of the flower spray.  I then use our Sponge Brayers and Elegant Eggplant ink to color the embossed outside area.  I mounted this panel onto my Garden Green card base.  To finish off the card I added some Regals Candy Dots to the right side of the sentiment.  I enjoyed playing with this double embossing technique. ~ Robbie

While Kimberly used it this way-

Double Embossing?  Oh my goodness!  I am delighted to share one of my favorite techniques with you today.  I chose a 6x6 stencil with clean geometric lines, white cardstock, Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste, Ranger Pearl Silver embossing powder, and a palette knife. I used my powder tool to prepare the cardstock for heat embossing. I placed the stencil over the white cardstock (trimmed to 4" x 5 1/4") and applied a thin layer of embossing paste. (The thinner the layer, the shorter the drying time.)  Remove the stencil and apply the embossing powder. The powder will stick to the embossing paste (double embossing).  Set aside and allow the embossing paste to dry completely (appx. 20 to 30 minutes).  I colored a piece of white ribbon with Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink. I die cut the small tag from white cardstock with CAS-UAL Fridays Tag Buddies and colored with Mermaid Lagoon.  The sentiment is Avery Elle (Fabulous Florals Stamp Set). I melted the embossing powder with a heat tool. This created a nice raised image and a resist.  I applied Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink to the panel with an ink blending tool.  The ink soaked into the recessed areas which created a nice contrast. I heat embossed the edges of an A2 sized panel with  Versamark Ink and the Pearl Silver embossing powder. Assemble the card as shown.

Double Embossing combines the best of two techniques, so why not give it a try? - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment