Thursday, September 29, 2016

Technique Thursday #33-2016

All month long we have used double embossing for our Technique Thursdays.  Here Sue creates a beauty of a card -

.
I used Hero Arts Designblock Everything Flower background stamp with Versamark ink and WOW!’s Metalline Red embossing powder which I heat set with my heat tool. Then I placed the panel in Cricut Cuttlebug’s Chicken Wire embossing folder, to achieve the double embossed criteria. This was the first time I had attempted this. I’m quite surprised by the very cool effect that the double embossing creates. The sentiment was put on a banner and popped up with dimensionals. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink’s Keep it Simple Thank You stamp set. - Sue

Here is a closeup of the detail

I love the unusual choice of chicken wire for the embossing folder Sue used. This technique really does look so great in person. 
Denise

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Sue. Denise, we were just talking about that embossing folder. What a clever application for it! Not a chicken in sight, but it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Kim, I love how the designers teach us to think outside the box.

      Delete