Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #30-2016

What will the designers do with this sketch?

Kimberly shows a great way to follow the sketch 
Today, I reached into my stash and came across these glittery, metallic chevron stickers by Bo Bunny.  I created my card design around the sticker set.  The chevron color in light blue coordinated nicely with a piece of patterned paper I recently purchased.  I started by cutting an A2 sized top folding card.  The first layer is white metallic text paper trimmed to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I also cut the large banner from this paper.  The second layer is patterned paper trimmed to 4" x 5 1/2".  The third layer is gold mirror card stock trimmed to 3 3/4" x 5 1/2".  The medium sized banner is also from this paper.  The fourth layer is patterned paper trimmed to 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".  I made the small banner by adhering the Bo Bunny chevron stickers to a small piece of the white metallic text paper. I added the ribbon and attached the card base. The base is top folded, size A2.

By changing up the colors and background we have another great take on the sketch from Robbie -
3
What a fun sketch this was and I knew it was perfect for our new copper foil paper.  All supplies are Stampin’ Up.  I began with a Very Vanilla card base.  I cut a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Mint Macaron for my layer.  I cut two 3/8” strips of Copper Foil.  I decided to use some of the Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper for the larger panel.  I attached the larger panel to the middle of the Mint Macaron then added the copper strips on each side.  I cut strips of Delightful Dijon, Rich Razzleberry, and Very Vanilla in 1 ¼”, 1 ¾”, and 1” respectfully and flagged the ends of each.  I layered them in a staggered pattern and attached to my patterned panel.  To finish my panel I added a 3/8” Rich Razzleberry ribbon.  I added my panel to my Very Vanilla card base to create a great Fall card.  ~ Robbie
As we have said before, sketches are a quick way to get a start for a card, so try this one.- Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment