Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Card Sketch Wednesday #32-2016

A card sketch is a great way to kick off a card when you are quite sure where to begin.
Here is the sketch for today -



Here is my version based on this sketch -


And the inside -


I used this sketch to come up with a card that was given to an engaged couple at a family reception.  I used papers from a stack by Me and My Big Ideas for Mambi called What’s Cookin’?.  It has a cool retro look and since we were supposed to bring a recipe, it fit the theme.  I printed the sentiment on some velum that matched in color and punched it out with a Fiskars circle punch.  A fussy cut of the apple completed the sketch.  On the inside, I used Fiskar’s punch to make a holder for the recipe card which was from a page of the same stack. – Denise

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea for an engagement party...tried and true recipes are worth their weight in gold. And I really like how you packaged it in this lovely card. That vellum is such a cool idea..it looks like spotlighting!

    ReplyDelete