Thursday, September 15, 2016

Technique Thursday #31-2016

Today's Technique calls for double embossing -

Gracie showers us with this adorable card -

A close up of the raindrops

This is fun but kind of hard to see (sorry about the poor pic quality). I stamped a polka dot stencil with SU  coastal  cabana  and let it dry.  I then stamped the polka dots again with Versamark  ink and embossed  with clear embossing  powder.  I then off set  the stencil  slightly  and stamped  again with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing  powder.  I was attempting  to  make  it  look like rain.  I dry embossed the background with a clouds folder.  The sweet little girl is "Puddles Girl" from Pink and Main.She is stamped  with  Memento  Luxe  Tuxedo Black ink and embossed with clear embossing  powder.  She is colored with Spectrum  Nor markers.  The sentiment is from the stamp set. ~ Gracie  

This glowing version comes from Tantalaya

I used a stamp from the stamp of approval box created by Gina K., I applied the stamp  times around the card. I embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. After I heated it I embossed it using Darice embossing folder creating a fun and textured background. I embossed the work You with the maxing embossing powder and then stamped make a difference in Versafine ink. When I was done I realized it needed something so I used a white signo pen and put dashes around the circle.
.
Double embossing is a great technique to try and adds a lot of dimension to your cards.  Try it today - Denise

4 comments: