Thursday, January 26, 2017

Technique Thursday #4-2017

Today's technique is called back stamping.  You use the back of the stamp as a background for the front of the stamp.  A tutorial on this method can be found here.

Sue put this to good use on her card.


Here is a closeup of the detail

For this challenge, I stamped the three sizes of flowers with Hero Arts Shadow Inks – Ultra Pink, Tide Pool and Passion Flower. I then turned the stamps over (to stamp with the reverse side of each stamp) with Hero Arts Shadow Inks – Bubble Gum, Sea Glass and Orchid, trying to line-up so that the stamping enveloped the original stamp impression. The sentiment was stamped with Hero Arts Charcoal Shadow Ink. The entire card panel was matted with purple cardstock.- Sue

I went with another birthday card -

There was a birthday candle that I thought might make a good stamp for this technique.  I stamped with the back of it across the bottom and top of a card using Momento Dandelion.  I then used a Chromatix Pen in Apricot to apply ink to the front of the stamp and stamped on top of the yellow images.  I used some paper I had from The Paper Studio to use as a colorful strip in the middle and stamped the sentiment stamp with Versafine black ink.  It mad for a bright and cheerful card. - Denise




1 comment:

  1. I tried back stamping not too long ago and had a lot of fun with it. Looks like you both did as well! I love your choices stamps. Denise,your card is so bright and cheerful...makes me want to have another birthday...almost,LOL

    ReplyDelete