Sunday, January 22, 2017

Clean and Simple Sunday #4-2017

Week 4 of our challenge to use the same stamp set all week.

This week Sue is up for the challenge and begins with this clean & simple card -


One of my favorite things to do when working with kraft cardstock, is to start by stamping with white pigment ink and then stamping with colour, slightly offset over the white. It almost seems a bit blurry. The effect is intentional! For the colours, I used Hero Arts EmeraId Green and Raspberry Jam Shadow Inks and Simon Says STAMP Blue Violet - Sue 

For my week, I chose to work with Clearly Besotted’s Flowers & Flourishes stamp set. I have to add that it was difficult to choose one stamp set that would work with the entire week’s challenge. 
This is a wonderful set Sue chose and gives you a lot of options.

My clean and simple card for the day-

I did a very quick birthday card.  I started by running a white piece of cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Cuttlebug Birthday embossing folder. I then used my Explore to cut 4 balloons.  The stamp set I am using this week is called Artiste Collection by Close to my Heart (CTMH).  The wonderful thing about this collection is that there is a Cricut cartridge that coordinates with it, so cutting the balloons is very quick and easy.  I stamped them with four different colors that would match some baker's twine that I had on hand.  I taped the matching twine to the back of each balloon.  I popped a couple of the balloons up with foam tape.  After they were attached, I pulled the strings together and tied them in a knot. After trimming the base to 4 inches wide, I mounted it on a red card base. It was a very quick card to do and is so bright and cheerful.  - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment