Monday, January 16, 2017

Masculine Monday #3-2017

Making a masculine card is sometimes a challenge.  When you are using the same stamp set all week, it makes it even more so.

Sometimes it is all about choosing the right colors, as Gracie shows us with this great card -


Masculine cards are always a challenge for me!  I started with white card stock and stamped Inkadinkadoo Delicate Branches   (my stamp set for the weekly challenge) and the sentiment using a CTMH stamp using Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder..  I inked my panel with Tim Holt Distress Inks Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge, and a Frayed Burlap.  I spritzed  with water and set aside to dry.  I mounted the panel on gold card stock then used a dark yellow for a card base.  I added some black enamel dots. I think my husband would like this! ~ Gracie

My card works for either male or female -


A while ago I did a lot of playing with alcohol inks and saved all the panels for future use.  The ones with these colors reminded me of being underwater, so I pulled out one to use for this card.  The image stamps all from a set by Stampin' Up called By the Tide.  I used Stazon Ink to stamp on top of these alcohol ink.  You have to be sure the panel is dry and stamp only enough to get the image since they can smear fairly easily.  I cut a mask for the fish so that I wouldn't be stamping the sea fan over him.  The sentiment came from Stampendous and is called Birthday Assortment.  Since the set I am using doesn't have any sentiments, I will be using other stamps or the computer to do those.  The oval die I used has holes that it punches around the edge too.  I decided I didn't like that look with the panel so I glued some multi-color twine around it to cover those. - Denise

Here is the stamp set I am using by Stampin' Up. It is retired now-

I hope you are getting inspired to use your stamp sets in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment