Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #3-2017

Today's sketch is fairly simple.

Let's see what Gracie did with it -


I love card sketches.  They give you a jumping off point and as I age gracefully it helps lol! I started by stamping birds and branches from my Inkadinkadoo Delicate Branches on white card stock with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut my images into squares then mounted them on card stick (brown and sage).  I found some printed card stock in my scrap box and die cut some willow branches.  I used some paper from a Basic Gray pad as a panel and used a strip of dark green for contrast.  I also used brown card stock for a card base. ~ Gracie  

I didn't stray too much from the sketch-

I used paper from a 6 x 6 pad called Anchored by Authentique.  I stamped three of the stamps on one of the papers that has faint images of maps on them which made a nice background  for the subtle look of the stamps.  The "thanks" on the bottom corner shows a little better in real life and came from a set by CTMH called Timely Tidings. - Denise



1 comment:

  1. Great sketch. Gracie, I love your take on the sketch. Denise, as I mentioned yesterday I love everything with a shore theme...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete