Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #4-2017

The card sketch today -

Sue put together some great colors in her use of the sketch.


I used a piece of bristol paper as I was planning on doing a bit of watercolour. I heat embossed with black embossing powder the large and mid-sized outline flowers and the sentiment. Using pink and yellow Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, I added colour around the centres of the flowers. I used a waterbrush to pull the colour out towards the ended of the petals. I matted the panel with black. I found some complementary printed paper to comply with the sketch. Three black enamel dots complete the card. - Sue

Now my interpretation of the sketch-



I had a cupcake and sentiment as part of my stamp set, so I based the card around that.  The cupcake and heart paper came from a stack by The Paper Studio called I Love Baking.  I found solid paper to match and distressed the edges with a light Distress Ink.  Instead of using black, I used a brown Archival ink to match the brown in the patterned paper. - Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment