Thursday, January 5, 2017

Technique Thursday #1-2017

Today we are going to use a repetitive stamping technique found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCu-cc50IzI&list=PLM49DJte0TrQibHNhC-kfpK8vFnO3QFBZ&index=2

Kimberly found a creative way to use her stamps using this method-


This challenge tested my ability to think outside the box.  I tried several different scenarios using the stamps in the set. Lovely Flowers has the cutest polka dot stamp that I have ever seen so I ran with it!  I decided to create a fading border on the bottom of the card.  I stamped the image with navy blue ink on the bottom right and repeated the image going right to left without reinking.  Directly above, I adhered a piece of ¼ inch double sided score tape, then adhered gold foil over top.  The sentiment is stamped in Navy Blue and is from the same stamp set.  I stamped the large follower and leaves, die cut and adhered to the front of the card.  While I began feeling unsure as to how I would make this technique work, I am very happy with the end result.  - Kimberly


I was able to use the technique with a butterfly stamp-


I made this card for someone who has had a lot of health issues this past year.  I wanted it to feel like the butterfly is emerging, so I did the triple stamping with the butterfly stamp starting at the top and stamping without re-inking twice more moving down just a little each time.  I used Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black and it worked well. The butterfly and sentiment are from the Unity Stamp Company set I am using this week called Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful.  The paper all comes from a 6 x 6 paper pack called Favorite Things by Heidi Swapp.  I used an oval die to cut out the shape for the sentiment from the green paper before I used it as a mat for the flowered paper.  I have been trying to remember to do that so that I don't waste more paper than I have to. - Denise





No comments:

Post a Comment