Sunday, January 1, 2017

Clean and Simple Sunday #1-2017

Free New Year Graphics - Fireworks - Baby New Year - 2017

Welcome to the Card A Day Challenge for 2017. The next four months gives us a twist on our challenges.  Not only will  there be daily challenges, but an overall challenge for the month.  In January all of the cards each designer makes will use the same stamp set for their week. I hope to show just how versatile some stamp sets can be and how creative the designers can get.

Let's get started with Kimberly on a clean and simple Sunday-




The card base is Neenah Solar White cardstock, die cut with Elizabeth Craft Square Scalloped die.  The sentiment panel is cut from the same c/s and die set.  I stamped the sentiment and polka dot pattern and flower with purple ink. The leaves are stamped with green ink.  The flower and leaves are die cut and layered to create a pleasing composition.  Adhere the pieces as shown and call it done.  Easy Peasy. - Kim

Here is the stamp set that Kimberly will be using all week -


Catherine Pooler’s Stamp of Approva- Lovely Flowers Stamp Set
                        (from the Lovely Notes Collection)
I had a lot of fun creating with this stamp set as it offers endless design possibilities.  The matching dies are fantastic.

I am going to try and do one card each day all month too, so here it goes for day 1-


For this card I did a lot of things that are out of my comfort zone.  I stamped two images from a Unity Stamp of the Month Kit called "Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful" from January 2014.  I recently started their Kit of the Month (first thing I have never done before in making a monthly commitment) and it allows you to buy some of the past kits, of which this is one. I used Versamark ink and then covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  I blended different Distress Inks all over the card (2nd thing I don't do a lot of).  In doing this, I discovered that I needed a darker ink for the images to really pop out, so I ended up using darker colors over my original lighter ones.  Next I splattered some water drops over the ink to react with it (3rd thing).  Finally I added some enamel dots in both a random pattern and three across the bottom (4th out of the ordinary for me).  I don't use many dots and would probably have tried sequins if I had any on hand, which I didn't.  So while I am not sure I would do all of these things again, they didn't turn out too bad.- Denise

I challenge you to create 7 different cards with any stamp set that you have.  Play along and follow the challenge each day - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment