Saturday, January 21, 2017

Inspiration Saturday #3-2017

Inspiration posts are fun because of what people take from the picture can be so different. 

 Let's see what Gracie did with this inspiration-

OK - this was hard.  The card wasn't hard; the photo inspiration with the stamp set challenge was hard!  After thinking for a while   I just went with the colors.  I used my Inkadinkadoo Delicate Branches stamp set and the sentiment is a Sizzix Jen Long.  They are stamped with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder,  I masked off the panel and sponged in a sun using Tim Holtz Mustard Seed distress ink.  I then sponged Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon, Mowed Lawn, and Fired Brick.  I spritzed  the panel with water then followed with a second spritz to tone the colors down.  The panel is mounted on a dark orange then a yellow base.  You will have fun using the same stamp set!!! ~ Gracie  !

Now my inspired design -


I decided that I would use one stamp to try and replicate the feel of all those overlapping colors.  I choose the shell and stamped it in various Distress Ink colors in a random pattern over a white cardstock that was bigger than what I knew would be needed.  That way when I trimmed it down, it would go off the sheet in a pleasing way.  I could have just stamped off the sheet, but I find it works better for me this way.  I did try to mist the design with water afterwards to get the ink to react, but it just softened the colors a little and didn't really splotch up.  I think my mist was too fine.  I did finally use the last stamp in the set I have had for the week (Stampin' Up - By the Tide) to do a background for the sentiment.  I lightly distressed the paper and then stamped with the same color for a tone on tone look.  - Denise

I hope everyone has had fun this week seeing what can be done with one stamp set.  I know it certainly can make you think outside the box.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a unique inspiration piece. I love each of your interpretations of it. A beautiful sponged background by Gracie and a lovely overall pattern of many colors by Denise. You ladies gave us a superb week!

    ReplyDelete