Monday, January 9, 2017

Masculine Monday #2-2017

Our Mondays become masculine this year.

Both cards today use embossing folders to make an impression.  First is Tantalya's wonderful example-


I took foil from my kitchen and embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to make it look like a steel plate and then I wrapped it with simple black ribbon  and added the sentiment on a round die cut. With this card I really wanted the foil to be the focal point, so I kept everything else really simple.- Tantalya

I made a get well card that can be used for anyone-


I used the same book stamp as yesterday, but this time I stamped it on watercolor paper with Versafine and then colored it with Derwent Ink Pencils that I received for Christmas.  I then went over them with water, which really gave them a nice look.  I wanted an even softer look, so I blended Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy lightly over them.  I fussy cut the image out.  I did the same thing with the Get Well stamp three times.  The background is a Spellbinders embossing folder called 
M Bossabilities 3D Basket Weave..  To make it really stand out, I rubbed the Distress Ink pad directly over the embossed image and then used the blending tool over it all to blend it in. Some brown ribbon and the card was done.- Denise

The stamp set I am using this week is a Kit of the Month called E everyday Fairy Tale by Unity Stamp Company.

Using embossing folders with your stamp sets can really give them different looks too, so give it a try - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment