Thursday, January 12, 2017

Technique Thursday #2-2017

Today's technique is called stamp tracing.  Jennifer McGuire shows us how here.

Tantalaya shows us how she really brightened up gray cardstock-


I don't know how Jennifer McGuire makes it look so easy. I used a grey card base and then used memento London Fog ink color. For the tracing I used the Kaiser-Kraft pen set. I tried to use bright color to create interest and for the leaves I used the glitter gel pens. I would suggest 2 things a. Make sure you use a bigger stamps b. Color quickly because if you match the color really well it is hard to find the sections to trace over.  This is a technique I will try again because it feels like it should be easy and make an impact. At the end I did highlights and other marks to bring out the tracing. - Tantalaya

And my first try with this technique -


I used what I thought would be a nice stamp from my set with a fairly large flower in the middle of background writing.  I stamped using Versamark ink.  I traced the flower and leaves with a Cricut Medium Point Gold Pen.  I then used the same pen in my Explore to write the sentiment on the bottom of the cardstock (the font is from the Market Streets cartridge). The background writing from the stamp showed as a slightly darker shade of the cardstock, but it was just around the flowers and the rest of it looked pretty plain.  I decided to use another background stamp from the set and stamped in a grid over the cardstock (including the gold ink) using the Versamark.  Because Versamark is a watermark ink, it just adds a really subtle shading to the cardstock and doesn't disturb the gold ink I had already used.  I tore the edges of yesterday's card and decided I liked that look, so I did it to this one too. Some gold washi tape that I tore the edges off of and the card was finished. I did like the technique since I could match writing to it and give it a coordinated look. - Denise

1 comment:

  1. These are beauties! I haven't tried this technique yet...now I have to because you inspired me!

    ReplyDelete