Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Card Sketch Wednesday #1-2017

The designers continue to use one stamp set of their choice for the week.  Today it gets incorporated into this card sketch-


Kimberly starts us out today with this interpretation of the sketch-


For this card, I focused on the banner.  The card base is Neenah Solar White Card stock die cut twice (front and back). The stitched circle is from the same die set by Lawn Fawn.  Instead of three rectangles, I created an ombre look with three colors of distress inks.  (Carved Pumpkin, Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple)  I stamped the flower in the same distress ink colors to create a soft tone on tone background effect.  Next, I stamped the large flower and a small leave accent onto the stitched circle. The small white banner is die cut from white c/s with a die from the same SOA Lovely Notes Collection.  The sentiment is stamped with black ink. The sentiment is part of the “You’re a Wonderful Friend” stamp included in the set. - Kimberly

I came up with another take on the sketch-

and the inside

I started by stamping the wood-grain background stamp two times on kraft paper with brown ink. After it dried I stamped a butterfly with Versamark and then heat embossed with sapphire embossing powder on one of the images. I cut a circle around the butterfly with a 2 1/2 inch circle punch.  I then punched smaller circles from the second image using a smaller circle punch.  The patterned paper is from a 6 x 6 pad by Authentique called Nestled.  The sentiment stamp was one line and was too long to fit on the solid paper.  So using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to be able to position it correctly, I stamped one word above the other by inking\up one word at a time in Versamark.  I used the same powder as the butterfly on the sentiment. I also used a sentiment from the set and scrap piece of the paper for the inside of the card.- Denise

How is everyone doing using the same stamp set?  Using a sketch can help move you a different direction to get more use out of the set.





No comments:

Post a Comment