Thursday, October 11, 2018

Thursday in 3D 41-2018

Hi! I'm back with another new card - this time for Thursday in 3D. I have to say, I don't really do many 3D cards and find myself often at Pinterest searching for inspiration. 


The theme for October is “All Things Fall” and the color scheme is orange, browns and reds.  For Thursday in 3D, the challenge is to make cards that are 3D and use this month’s color scheme.  

Here's my card



I made my first ever step card. It was pretty easy – just needed to score the 4.25”x11” panel.  For the main panel, I started with Papertrey Ink’s Ever So Much stamp set, stamping the sentiment in the centre of an A2 card panel. I stamped the leaves from Newton’s Nook’s Beautiful Leaves stamp set using Hero Arts Tangerine and Strawberry ink and Archival’s Sepia ink. I stamped additional leaves on scraps of white cardstock and fussy cut the images. I trimmed the main panel and matted with kraft cardstock. I adhered strips of kraft cardstock to the “front” panels of the steps and then added the stamped leaves randomly. Here's a side view.


Thanks for stopping by
sue

1 comment:

  1. Cute card and you would never know it was your first step card. I adore 3D cards, but I usually let my Cricut do most of the hard work, lol.

    ReplyDelete