Saturday, October 27, 2018

Card a Day Challenge for October Week 4 - Scene It Saturday

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the last day of Card a Day Challenge for me this month! The theme for October is All Things Fall, and today is Scene It Saturday. I must say that I had the MOST fun with this card! I just went wild and have several pictures to show you.  Here they are:







This is a newer release Catherine Pooler called Kinda Batty. It is FILLED with adorable Halloween stamps and dies. So, I decided to create a classic Halloween scene, filled with your typical haunted houses and trees, witches and bats, black cats and crows. The night sky background was done using distress inks in Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot. Next, I die cut my night sky with a spooky eyes die plate. I adhered that over a piece embossed with WOW Glow-in-the-Dark powder. Then I started stamping and die cutting all my pieces. I placed them on my background, added a few googly eyes to the house and tree (you're being watched!) and added my googly eyes and sentiment on the inside. If you look at the 3rd photo, you will see the eyes glowing in the dark!!  You have to be in a dark room, but it works! SO COOL!!!

Thank you for joining me this week for Card a Day Challenge! I'm looking forward to November and December challenges with you! Please give these challenges a try and post them using the hashtag #cardadaychallenge.

Thanks for stopping by,

Colleen

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I didn't know there was glow-in-the-dark embossing powder. Your card is a treat.

    ReplyDelete