Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Technique Tuesday 41-2018

Greetings! It's Sue and I'm back with another card here at Card A Day Challenge.


The theme for October is “All Things Fall” and the color scheme is orange, browns and reds. For Technique Tuesday, the challenge is to use this month’s technique which is partial diecutting. Full disclosure, I didn’t actually diecut the card. I searched through my dies and couldn’t find one that would work for this month’s theme. So I improvised and fussy cut part of the image. 

Here's my card


I started with an A2 panel from kraft paper and stamped using Hero Arts Color Layering Grateful Leaves stamp set – the main image with Hero Arts Tangerine ink and the veins with Versamark ink and red embossing powder which was heat set. I marked off 3" from the top of the card. Using my trimmer, I trimmed the kraft card close to the edge of the maple leaf and fussy cut the rest of the leaf. The sentiment is from the same stamp set, inked with Hero Arts Tangerine ink. I adhered the kraft panel to a natural color card base.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

1 comment:

  1. I love the angles down to the leaf and the hand stitching around the edge of the kraft paper.

    ReplyDelete