Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Technique Tuesday 42-2018

It's Technique Tuesday!  Time to play!  Our technique this month is partial die cutting.  I am including a YouTube video for inspiration.


Here is my card:




I started with a 41/4 X 11 inch piece of yellow card stock.  I marked the edges at 5 1/2 inches with a pencil.  I place my stitched circle die at the center of the card with 1/2 of the center off of my platform before running it through the Big Shot.  This left me with 1/2 of the circle cut.  Perfect!  I then cut a second circle because I wanted my edge to be a moon and adhered it to the half circle.  I then measured my card from the top of the circle to 5 1/2 inches and trimmed the card down to make it an A2 size.  I added the black designer paper behind the open edge of the moon.  I also die cut a witch and attached her to the moon with pop dots.  I added a simple "Trick or Treat" sentiment and a bit of orange ribbon.  I just love how the moon is rising and she is flying away! ~ Gracie

2 comments: