Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Designers' Challenge Day 2 18-2018

It's Day 2 of our Designer Challenge! We start off with Sue.

Sue chose this embossed star:


Here is Sue's lovely card!



I created the background using Lawn Fawn's Starry Backdrops with silver embossing powder which was heat set on black cardstock. I had to use the stamp a few times to cover the entire background. I added some distress ink (hickory smoke) to the star so that it wasn't too stark white. The sentiment was from the same stamp set and I also used silver embossing powder which was heat set onto a dark gray banner. ~ Sue


Next up is Anna's version:


The white star is from our envelope.  I used a black card stock card base, the new Cricut acetate clear with a gold stripe for the background and Cricut gold holographic sparkle paper to cut more stars.  I added Queen & Co. Twinkle Princess embellishments to the centers of the stars.  I embossed the flags on the background and used pop dots on some of the stars for dimension. ~ Anna


I tried something a little different.  Here is my card:



I turned my star over and stamped a fairy in black Memento Luxe ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I used Distress Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber and Abandoned Coral) to highlight the fairy and spritzed the star with Pearl Glimmer Mist.  The panel was kind of thinking on the fly...  I didn't have a starry background stamp or stencil.  I knew I wanted to use silver embossing powder on the sentiment (from Suzy Stamps) and as I was tapping the powder off the page I remembered I had not used my embossing buddy.  But this time it was a good thing because as I was tapping I thought - aha!  My fairy dust!  So I added more powder and let gravity slide it down.  Looks like fairy dust to me! I heat set the powder from the back so it wouldn't fly off the card stock.  :)  I offset the star on the black panel and placed the panel on a yellow card stock base. Fun! ~ Gracie

1 comment: