Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thursday in 3D May 17, 2018 20-2018

I really love being able to add something to the blog besides cards!  Today is Thursday in 3D and I think it is perfect for anyone's Mom!

Here is my 3D project:



Today I want to share an altered six inch embroidery hoop.  These are so inexpensive (you can buy them at your local craft stores for less than $2).  The sky is the limit in how you wish to embellish it!

I started by raiding my sewing closet.  I have been depleting my lace selection.  I had a three inch strip of lace about 1/2 yard long.  I cut it into 2 pieces and butted the edges together and whip stitched them.  I put the lace in my embroidery hoop and tightened it down.  Along the wooden edge of the hoop I added a string of 5mm pearls using hot glue.  I hot glued gathered lace to the back edge of the hoop.  I added the picture of the Victorian girl (from The Graphic's Fairy) printed on my printer and distressed with brown ink on the edges and curled the edges with a small paint brush handle with hot glue.  I then added an assortment of pinks and mint mulberry roses.  I tucked in the stamp over the image, the "inspire" word tag, a bird over the tag and the butterfly.  I finished with a gold bow.  I think she turned out lovely! ~ Gracie

2 comments: