Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wow Wednesday 5-30

Hi everyone!

Today's theme is WOW Wednesday, Turn Up the Volume on a Past Card. I think this is a great way to take those old cards out and add a twist to create a different look. Really, you're just CASEing your own card! Like I said yesterday, when you CASE a card remember to KEEP 3 things you like and CHANGE 3 things to make it your own unique creation. You can use that same concept with your own cards from the past. This is what I came up with:

PAST CARD:

NEW CARD:

My past card was a Clean And Simple (CAS) technique from several years ago. I have always loved this card. Simple and elegant! For my new card, I kept the CAS look with lots of white space, used the same heart die from a past Simon Says Stamp release, and used the same frame around the die. The changes I made to my new card were going with a square card base and rounded corners, using more vibrant colors on the heart die, embossing several sizes of Hero Arts heart dies around my heart frame (Jennifer McGuire does a great video on using die cuts to emboss), adding bright orange dots, and putting the sentiment directly over the heart to keep the eye focused in one place.  I think I will be doing this Turn Up the Volume on a Past Card more often!!! Pull out your old cards and give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow!

Colleen
visit my blog at http://irishrosecreations.blog


2 comments: