Thursday, May 31, 2018

3D Thursday 5-31

Hi everyone!

Today's theme is 3D Thursday, creating a piece that is dimensional such as pop up cards, explosion boxes, boxes and tins, and so on.  WARNING: THIS IS ADDICTING! There are so many great companies that offer 3D dies, and they are so much fun to make. Plus, they make great gifts or party favors! I decided to make a pop up cards.  Here they are:



I used the Surprise Box dies from Our Daily Bread Designs (I've had my eye on that for a loooong time) and Catherine Pooler's new Stamp of Approval release called Celebrate Friends with Coffee or Tea (or both). I have just about every one of Catherine's releases and have been a member of Stampnation since 2015.  So this was a pleasure to create!  There are clear instructions with the Surprise Box dies, but you can also make one on your own by searching u-tube videos for instructions. I put together my pop up dies and chose patterned paper that would resemble the "ambiance" in a coffee or tea house. I die cut the patterned paper and glued it to the pop up box.  Next, I stamped and die cut the pieces I wanted to use from the Celebrate Friends release and adhered them. To keep the balloons standing up high and sturdy, I adhered them to a piece of white foam. The white foam blended in easily with everything. I finished with the cute sentiments included in this release and some embellishments and shimmer. I am SO EXCITED with how these came out!  There are endless options for pop up boxes such as flowers, critters, balloons, various words and sentiments. They fold flat for easily mailing, too.

Search for 3D cards and see what you find.  Many things can be DIYed if you're on a tight budget, but it's well worth the effort!

Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow!

Colleen
visit my blog at http://irishrosecreations.blog

2 comments:

  1. Colleen, these are adorable with great themes and paper. I love doing box cards and one tip I found really useful is to save some of the hard clear plastic (like the clamshell packaging that is so aggravating to open) and cut strips from it to attach your various elements with. It is thin, so the card still folds, stiff enough to really hold things up well and clear so that you don't see it even if the element doesn't cover it up completely. Have fun making more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Denise,thank you! One of my "goals" is you do an explosion box.

    ReplyDelete