Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Technique Tuesday 5-29

Today's theme is Technique Tuesday, Designer's Choice.  When I first read "Designers Choice", I started to drool and rubbed my hands together like a mad scientist.  I got to play to my heart's content!  Here's what I came up with:



I was thrilled with this card because 1) I love wine, and 2) I got to use my new wine dies from Spellbinders. I found inspiration from the sample card on the Spellbinders website with their recent release.  There's all kinds of wine-themed dies that I drooled over (I don't drool a lot, I promise).  I learned that when you CASE a card, KEEP 3 things you like and CHANGE 3 things to make the card your own. In this case, I KEPT the wine dies (of course), the stenciled brick, and the frame around it. I CHANGED the style of the frame, stencil paste, and coloring. I used Nuvo glitter paste rather than texture paste on the Tim Holtz stenciled brick (afterall, what crafter doesn't dream of owning a shimmery brick house!), picked a beautiful frame from Gina Marie Designs, added Nuvo drops on the vines to represent grapes and added detail to my vine leaves.  I put Glossy Accents over the red wine and finished with my sentiment. I usually don't say this, but I really wanna keep this card all to myself!

Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow!

Colleen
visit my blog at http://irishrosecreations.blog

2 comments:

  1. Nuvo Drops for the grapes is a good idea. Love all the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise, this was a fun one to make.

    ReplyDelete