Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Technique Tuesday May 15, 2018 20-2018

Today is Technique Tuesday and this month we get to choose our technique!  I decided, since I love the smell of stick embossing powder so much, to make napkin cards.  I think they make lovely cards for Moms for any occasion!

Here are my cards:



I couldn't decide which one I like more so I posted both!  The first card was made using items I received in a card kit challenge.  The card base is cream card stock folded to make an easel card.  The first layer of my panel is printed card stock with two patterns (the writing and floral papers).  The "napkin", in this case, is actually a piece of tissue paper.  I colored the butterfly's wings with pink and turquoise Spectrum Noir markers.  I cut a section of Stick It and adhered it to a white panel and peeled off the lining to attach the tissue paper to it.  Then the fun begins.  Glitter!!  I stamped the tissue paper with clear Versamark ink and embossed with Sticky embossing powder ( I really love that smell!)  I then coated the Sticky with Diamond Dust embossing powder and heated the image.  Really sparkles like diamonds!  I added lace to the panel, tied a key with twine and added three mulberry flowers I adhered with hot glue.  I stamped the sentiment from Raisin Boat onto the floral card stock and attached it to the base with foam tape to make the bottom of the easel.  I used the same method for the second card as well but left off a sentiment.  I LOVE how they turn out so sparkly but I am a bling girl!  Now go, have fun, and play with a napkin! ~ Gracie 

No comments:

Post a Comment