Friday, June 1, 2018

Freestyle Friday 6/01

Hi everyone!

Today's theme is Freestyle Friday, where anything goes. I enjoy playing with mixed media and I enjoy wine, so this is the card for today:



For the background, I used distress oxide inks in various colors, stamped a few mixed media pieces in archival ink, and then stenciled over it with a Tim Holtz stencil and texture paste. Then I framed it and colored the frame with distress oxide inks in similar shades as the background. For my sentiment and wine/wine bottles, I used an old release from Technique Tuesday called Wine and Friends, stamped and fussy cut it out, and adhered that to the bottom corner with the sentiment placed right next to it.  I did not want that gorgeous background to get covered up. The inside of the card reads "and laugh a lot".  Cute!

This was so much fun to create!  Mixed media can be intimidating for me, but it gets me out of my comfort zone. I can play with all kinds of media, knowing that there is no "right or wrong" way to create. If mixed media is intimating to you, I suggest you get an inexpensive journal and just play. That's how I started, and some of those journals pieces ended up as cards.

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you tomorrow!

Colleen
visit my blog at http://irishrosecreations.blog



No comments:

Post a Comment