Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Technique Tuesday 26-2018

Today's technique is to amp up die cuts.


My two young great-nieces were recently baptized so I made this card to celebrate that.  I cut the cross out on my Cricut Explore using the cartridge New Testament in gold foil paper by DCWV. The cross was two layers and I made a copy of the outer layer and sliced it out of a rectangle on my Explore so that the gold cross I cut out would inlay in the red rectangle.  The inner layer I cut out of the same red paper and laid it in the opening in a Sizzix embossing folder so that it would emboss lining up the same pattern.  I inlaid the gold cross in the red base, then layered the red cross on top of the gold. I cut the word (from the Inspired Heart cartridge) in the same gold foil as the outer cross, layered over white.  It was a simple card, but I think the embossing really set it off. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment