Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wow Wednesday 25-2018

Hi! Sue back again. It's halfway through my week here at Card A Day Challenge.


The theme for June is “all about kids” and the color scheme is bright red, blue, green and yellow. For WOW Wednesday, the challenge is to turn up the volume on a card.  


Here's my original card



For the original card, I used Simon Says STAMP Happy Every Day stamp set for the sentiment. I trimmed the sentiment to 2.5” x 3”. For the background, I used patterned paper from Echo Park’s Birthday Wishes paper pack.

Here's the turned up the volume card



To turn up the volume, I stamped the same sentiment onto red, yellow and green cardstock. I die cut balloons using Paper Smooches Balloons die – making sure that I die cut from different parts of the sentiment for each color of cardstock. I super-imposed the colored die cut balloons over the original sentiment. Using a silver glitter pen, I added the balloon strings and added a border around the white sentiment panel.

Thanks for stopping by. Please drop by tomorrow when I'll have a new card for you.
sue

1 comment:

  1. I love the effect those balloons have within the sentiment. It was such great way to put some "WOW" in it.

    ReplyDelete