Thursday, January 28, 2016

Technique Thursday #3-2016

Our Thursday challenge for January is all about die cuts.

What is a die cut? Well technically it would be something cut using a die,
but for our purposes it is anything cut from paper or a paper-like substrate 
that is decorative in shape and applied to a card or scrapbook page.
So whether you use a manual diecutting machine like a Cuttlebug or Big Shot or
an electronic machine like a Cricut or Silhouette or you print and cut by hand, it's a die cut.

Let's see what the team came up with today for you.



For this card I wanted to use the star burst design and make the sentiment stand out as the focal point on the die cut tag background created with my Cricut using the Gypsy Wanderings Cricut Cartridge set at 2 ½ inches high. I used my MISTI to stamp the polka dot background on white cardstock using Paper Smooches Geo-Graphics stamp set with Wild Hair pigment ink by Colorbok and then stamped the $ stamp sentiment several times to match the designer pink paper. The DP paper comes from Save the Date by Teresa Collins 6x6 paper stack. I used Black Onyx Gina K Designs cardstock, a paper doily by Wilton products and an old K&CO. ribbon embellishment from my stash. That ribbon embellishment has been in my stash at least 4 years so it’s never too late to pull something out of your stash that has been waiting for a new home. The Sparkling Clear sequins are by Pretty Pink Posh and the three dots under the sentiment come from a sticker pack by Momenta that I found in a $ bin at AC Moore some months ago. To bring out the star burst design I inked the edges of each patterned paper piece using the same ink on my sentiment which is Innocent Pink by Gina K Designs ~Amy


Card by ~Jennifer


I used a diecut I received in a swap last year and some more printed paper.
Two in a row, you should all be so proud of me. LOL
I stamped the sentiment directly on to the printed cardstock base and heat embossed
with Ranger gold powder to match the diecuts gold embossed edges. ~Theresa

Well that's it for the January diecut challenge.  
What will you make with diecuts?

Happy Crafting 
Theresa & the CADC Design Team

1 comment:

  1. These are all very pretty. What did we ever do before die cuts and cutting machines?

    ReplyDelete