Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #1-2016

Today's Color Challenge:


The fact that it was for most of us a very mild December but January is coming in cold and windy made this the what I thought was the perfect color challenge.  Those may be feathers in the picture but this color swatch makes me think of cold and snowy days. 

Let's see how Gracie and Anna interpreted it.


I love the colors on the challenge but had a difficult time trying to get them dark enough on my card.  I stamped white cardstock with white ink and used clear embossing powder.  I used distress inks and navy blue cardstock as a card base.  Added a bit of ribbon, a die cut sentiment and a few rhinestones (I love bling and I cannot lie). ~Gracie


For this card I used my Kiwi Lane scallop template and cut out a flower shape on the Cricut, making the flowers smaller as I went, I popped a brad through the center and glued it on with the tag!  ~ Anna


Next Tuesday we'll have more cards featuring this color challenge and introduce you to another new design team member.

Happy Crafting
Theresa and the Design Team

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful. I don't know why I never thought of popping a brad through the center of a flower (I usually use enamel dots). Great idea which will help my use up my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both lovely! I'm always drawn to the crisp contrast of navy or dark blues and white!

    ReplyDelete