Friday, January 29, 2016

Anything Goes Friday #3-2016

Today's challenge is to pick one of these techniques and create a card:




Not sure how to do one of the techniques, check out the links to the videos provided above.



For this card I chose a glitter to acetate technique. I cut a rectangle window in my card base using a rectangle die, added the acetate to the back, stamped the image on the front of the acetate and then added glossy accents to the back of the image and poured the glitter onto the glossy accents. I also added it to the strip of cardstock backing the sentiment. The black cardstock base is Black Onyx by Gina L Designs. I used sequins and ribbon bought from my local craft store, The stamped image is from the Vertical Greetings & things Stamp set by Gina K Designs and the sentiment is from Hero Arts Message with flourish stamp set. ~Amy



I chose to try the Faux Metal technique. For this card, I covered a Basic Black 5" x 7" card base with a panel of patch-worked pieces of aluminum foil and aluminum tape, some pieces were embossed using the Clockworks embossing folder, others were molded around mesh and two were embossed with the happy and birthday from the Happy Birthday embossing folder and another molded over a tiny key.  The pieces without embossing were "etched" using the Walnut Hollow Metal Working Kit; there are numerous tools to provide for a variety of looks. A few pieces of hardware were placed on top, the circle grommet from Stampin' Up and the chain from Tim Holtz.  The circular alphabet letters are SO old I don't know where I got them!  When I got everything in place, I painted over the entire surface with black acrylic paint and wiped off the surface, leaving the black in the lower areas.  Then I used copper and gold Rub and Buff on random spots to give the piece an aged look.  This is NOT a card you want to put in the mail unless the cost of postage is not an issue ;-)  Inside, I used Gear Box, Dot Font and JI Caroch to create the sentiment to match the style of the card front.  ~Kim

 

 


I chose one of my favorite techniques: emboss resist.

The last three of these cards were featured on my blog in a recent blog hop along with a couple of the DT members.  You can check out the hop and still enter to win the prize by going HERE.

Descriptions on how I made these cards and an explanation of the cool double emboss resist technique of the last card are on the hop page.

Tomorrow will be the last post for January's challenges.
We will have some great inspiration pieces for you and then starting Sunday we will be
back in full swing with a new and different challenge each day of the month.
We hope you are encouraged and inspired to try new things and we'd love to see your cards too.
Tag us on social media using  #CADCBLOG
Your card just might be featured on the blog!

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC Design Team






2 comments:

  1. Amy, that card is gorgeous! I have never done this technique before and now I just HAVE to try it!

    Theresa, though I saw some of these on the hop, I love seeing them again as you have really have mastered this technique and I just love your new additions! That smile card..so cool! Gotta go back to the hop and see how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I really like using the acetate on a window card since mine are usually just open. It creates a lot of different options if you do that and your example is beautiful. Kim, I have done the foil embossing before, but I never thought of patch-working different items together. Yours comes together so well, you would never know they were different pieces. I love the look and am glad you showed the inside of the card which is just as important. Great job everyone.

    ReplyDelete