Thursday, January 21, 2016

Technique Thursday #2-2016

It's time to introduce the next new Design Team Member.

Welcome Denise to the blog.


Hi, I'm Denise Prosser Soffa

I'm a wife, mom, card maker, and love of all things crafty. 
Visit me on my blog at:


Our Thursday challenge for January is all about die cuts.

Denise is using a die cut as her sentiment in this clean and simple card.


Denise will be back in February with us on a regular basis she was kind enough to share this card today because we wanted to introduce you to her along with the rest of the new DT members. 

Kim's up next with this too cute puppy card.


For this card I stamped and colored my image, Wish from Designed 2 Delight (which looks like it's now From the Heart Stamps), on Spellbinders Labels 10 with colored pencils.  I used the Dots stamp by Judith & Heather Stamps around the dog.  I colored his tag with a gold leaf pen and placed an open circle embellishment on top.  I placed Liquid Applique as icing on his nose, but I didn't heat it as I wanted it to be smooth.  The greeting was typed and cut with Spellbinders Petite Ovals and placed it on a Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Oval mat.  I used some very old card stock and designer paper and really don't know it's origin.  I embossed the yellow panel with the Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder.  I wanted to share the inside of this card with you as well as I recycled a little embellishment bag.  I stamped tiny candles to match the image on the front and coated them with Glossy Accents and cut them out placing thread on the top as the candle wick.  I added Judikins Speckles as cake crumbs and Liquid Applique (unheated as icing).  ~Kim

Happy Crafting
Theresa and the CADC Design Team

3 comments:

  1. What did we ever do before the days of die cuts! My new love is for "word" die cuts like Denise has used. Welcome Denise. Can't wait to see what you have to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the group Denise! Love your card! And I love the puppy card. I really need to take a class in coloring or what ever you all call it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the group Denise! Love your card! And I love the puppy card. I really need to take a class in coloring or what ever you all call it!

    ReplyDelete