Monday, January 25, 2016

Mistletoe Monday #3-2016

It's the last week of January so this is the last installment of our 
January Clean and Simple Recycled Christmas Challenge.




I generally don't recycle cards, so this was a challenge for me.  This card combines recycled items from others' cards but also my scraps left over from Christmas cards in the past.  I actually used components from three different cards to make this.  I cut down the base of a larger square card to work better with the red panel I took from another card, together with the red circle.  I added the white scalloped circle.  I took the three-piece snowflake from another card.  The image I had left over from previous cards, but it was a rectangle, so I die cut it into a circle.  The designer paper came from my scraps.  Considering this was zero cost to me, it came out pretty darned nice, 
even if I do say so myself.  ~Kim


This was a hard challenge for me. I have never recycled images from store bought cards to create new handmade cards before. One reason is I have always until recently made cards for Operation Write Home and one of their guidelines was that we could Not use recycled images because of copyright laws. So this was a new experience for me. I decided to use a starburst design from a card as my background paper. I then kept the card CAS and added a layer of gold glitter paper to the sentiment and the patterned paper piece. Just a few clear gems topped off this Christmas card. The sentiment is a wood block stamp by Inkadinkadoo.  ~Jennifer

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC Design Team



No comments:

Post a Comment