Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sketch Challenge Wednesday #1-2016

January's Sketch Challenge:

Today's sketch comes from http://www.theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/

Let's see how Gracie and Anna used the sketch.


I used butterflies instead of snowflakes - I want Winter to pass on by as soon as possible!  I used a mat stack so my papers would coordinate and die cut the butterflies and my sentiment. ~ Gracie

Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns.  If it came together in the pack, then most likely it will all coordinate together.  Get creative and use up that stash of paper you've been hording. Don't sit there and say you don't have one, we all know that's a lie! LOL


I love this sketch and as soon as I saw it I knew it had to be ice blue and white with silver.  I used the Cuttlebug "Celebrate Christmas" embossing folder on the blue background and turned it over so the bump out was on the back and the front was indentations.  I cut snowflakes out on the Cricut and used the "Write" feature for the greeting and hearts.   ~ Anna

Have you tried "reversing" your embossing folders? Why not? Give it a try, you may be very surprised by the results.

For even more great cards made from this sketch tune in next Wednesday and we'll introduce another new Design Team Member.

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the Design Team


2 comments:

  1. Both are great cards. I love the writing on cutouts made with your Cricut. It makes it that much easier to be able to write your own expression and have it look good when you don't have a stamp for exactly what you want to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great...one celebrating spring and one winter!

    ReplyDelete