Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Color Challenge Tuesday #3-2016

Last of the blue and white today. 






All the cards above use Heidi Swapp and other brands of spray mists for the color challenge.
Card 1 was sprayed over a stencil.
Card 2 was sprayed, allowed to dry and then stamped with the map
 and embossed with white embossing powder. I also used a bit of the mist on the sentiment piece.
Card 3 the sentiment was embossed first using Versa Mark and clear powder, then I go my mist on. LOL. ~Theresa




My focal image is this adorable Birthday Beagle by Art Impressions.  It's from their Front and Back collection, which allows for double sided stamping.  He sits in a window created by the Spring Window die by The Scrapping Cottage.  (They have a number of nice window die cuts if you're looking for something a little different)  The little stool on which he sits was free clip art which I turned into a print and cut file for my Silhouette.  The flowers were punched with Itty Bitty Punch Pack and the leaves with the Little Leaves Sizzlits by Stampin' Up.   The card stock and DSP are from Stampin' Up: Night of Navy, Marina Mist and Whisper White.  I did very little coloring on the beagle, but the blues, grays and black are all done with Stampin' Up markers. ~Kim



This blue card was designed entirely in Silhouette Studio Designer Edition. I got the colors from the challenge (since I didn't have the matching colors) and it made me think of paint chips so I made the sentiment go across. I printed the card in my HP laser printer. ~Jennifer


  Try to find different mediums to play with the color challenges.  
You can use spray mists like me or paper like Kim or create digitally like Jennifer OR ??? 
Your imagination and creativity is your only limit. 

Happy Crafting
Theresa & the CADC Design Team

4 comments:

  1. These are all such different cards. Kim, I love the Art Impression stamps. I have a couple and you did a great job with it. Theresa, I wouldn't want to get between you and your sprays, lol. And Jennifer, it makes me think in a different direction to make my cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise! Yup, there are SO many Art Impression Stamps I would love to have...so many stamps-so little time! Kim

      Delete
  2. Theresa, your cards are wonderful! It's amazing to me how you produced three totally unique looks using the same color palette. Jennifer, I love your take on this challenge...you not only used the colors but you incorporated the way they were shown on the inspiration piece as well. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them. You gals are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete