Saturday, January 30, 2016

Inspiration Saturday #3-2016

Today's inspiration for the design team was to C.A.S.E. 
one of the following cards.

  

Here's what the DT came up with:

By Amy
For this card I chose to CASE the water color card. Instead of using diagonal lines I chose to mask off a circle for my sentiment. I decided to change it up a bit and make this card a masculine one so instead of hearts on the CASE’d card I used stars. I used a watercolor pallet I purchased at my local discount store and added lots of wet color. Once the water color paper was dry I added the sentiment using My Hero stamp set by Clearly Besotted and added the stars using Simon Says Stamp Lots of Stars stamp set. I then off centered the watercolor paper and added a strip of coordinating green cardstock from my stash and faux stitching. Finally I added my card front to a piece of Black Onyx cardstock by Gina K Designs.

By Denise

I have been experimenting more with Tim Holtz Distress inks. For this card, I made a mask from a low tack contact paper using the vinyl setting on my Cricut Explore for the name and put that on water color paper.  I put a medium purple color on one of the cutting mats from Dollar Tree and spritzed it with water, then applied that with a pouncer on the paper going over everything.  I then stamped the stems and flowers by inking them and spritzing with water before stamping on the paper.  After I was happy with the look, I removed the contact paper which revealed the name.

By Gracie

I chose to use the stenciled card to C.A.S.E
 I stenciled hearts using blue distress inks and added the stencil to the left side of the card.  I added a "hi" and some rhinestones. I also mounted the stenciled piece into blue cs.  I touched up some edges of the hearts with Wink of Stella. 

 
By Kim

I cased the card on the left.  I kept the split front, but I changed it's location and angle, rather than water color I used a digital image.  Instead of stitching the panel, I popped it and kept it the size of the card rather than smaller than shown in the original card.


By Jennifer


  
By Theresa

For my first card, I took elements from both cards. I used the angle from the first card and the stenciling and large black sentiment from the second card. 

For my other two cards, I used the same stencil but one is the off press of the first card.
I used bright colors from the Ranger Distress Inks line and blended those onto the card front pieces.
Then I taped down my swirl stencil and sprayed it with pearl spray mist. 
I then added the second card front to the top of the stencil and rubbed. 
By doing this I got a reverse stenciled effect and didn't waste any of my spray mist.

I repeated the C.A.S.E. samples big bold black sentiment. 

Seven designers, two great cards to C.A.S.E. and WOW what different cards.
What will you create with all these cards as inspiration?


Well that's it for January folks.  
Can you believe we are already 1/12th of the way through 2016?

February starts tomorrow for us here at CADC. 
It's a brand new challenge every day. 
At least two DT members will be bringing you new inspiration each day based
on the challenge.

Don't forget to share your creations with us on social media.

Find us on Facebook



Or follow our board on Pinterest



or tag us using #CADCBLOG
on Twitter or Instagram or Pinterest

Happy Crafting 
Theresa & the CADC Design Team




1 comment:

  1. These are all beautiful! Everyone has such unique takes on the inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete