Saturday, March 23, 2019

Scene It Saturday 12-2019

Happy National Puppy Day!


When I found out it was National Puppy Day, I knew I had to send a card to my daughter who recently adopted her first puppy since leaving the nest.  The image is a Unity stamp called Today With You.  It is a stamp by artist Phyllis Harris who does drawings for Highlights magazine too.  I love how her stamps capture children and animals. I used Arteza watercolor real brush markers along with a plain wet brush to color the image.  I just purchased some Canson XL Mixed Media Heavyweight fine texture paper and it really made a difference in being able to color this image. I mounted it on a gingham paper and matted that with solid green. I decided it didn't need a sentiment on the front. - Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment