Monday, May 22, 2017

Youth Monday #21-2017

Kid's cards can have cuteness overload as we see with Gracie's card for a 1st birthday.


Youth Monday!  I have a precious grand-nephew turning one.  Around here that means 2 cakes; one for the adults and a miniature cake for the birthday boy so we can take wonderful pictures to scrapbook!  The image is a digital printing I purchased from Etsy.  It is colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  I inked the edges of the w white panel with marigold distress ink. I used another sheet with polka dots from my paper pad and strips of burnt orange cardstock for accent.  It's all mounted on a white cardstock base. ~ Gracie 

Denise has a cutie too.


I used a technique called stamped paper piecing where you stamp on both plain paper and patterned paper.  You then cut parts from the patterned paper and place them on the plain paper.  I used a yellow patterned paper for the birds used Spectrum Aqua pens to color the rest of the stamped image and around the birds.  These birds are part of the Unity Kit of the Month for May called Free Your Dreams. The sentiment is from an old clear set I have that I no longer know the name of, but it really went with the image.  I am technically using two paper pads this week that are from the same collection by Graphic 45 called Nature's Sketchbook.  One is an 8 x 8 pad and has some wonderful paper images that I will use later this week..  The other is a 6 x 6 pad and contains both solids and overall patterns. - Denise






No comments:

Post a Comment